Here at Kahului Hongwanji Preschool we value the continuing education of our staff to ensure the highest quality of care by keeping up to date with current research based education regarding best practice for young children.
The teacher workshops include..
NAEYC Annual Conference on Oahu
HAEYC workshops on Maui
HAEYC Annual Conference on Maui
PATCH workshops on Maui
NAEYC Annual National Conference (on the mainland)
National Association for the Education of the Young Child (NAEYC) STATEMENT OF COMMITMENT
As an individual who works with young children, I commit myself to furthering the
values of early childhood education as they are reflected in the ideals and principles
of the NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct. To the best of my ability I will
• Never harm children.
• Ensure that programs for young children are based on current knowledge and
research of child development and early childhood education.
• Respect and support families in their task of nurturing children.
• Respect colleagues in early childhood care and education and support them in
maintaining the NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct.
• Serve as an advocate for children, their families, and their teachers in community
• Stay informed of and maintain high standards of professional conduct.
• Engage in an ongoing process of self-reflection, realizing that personal characteristics,
biases, and beliefs have an impact on children and families.
• Be open to new ideas and be willing to learn from the suggestions of others.
• Continue to learn, grow, and contribute as a professional.
• Honor the ideals and principles of the NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct.