Registration Policies and Procedures:
Priority registration considerations are based upon the following criteria:
1.Current families of Kahului Hongwanji Preschool
2. Kahului Hongwanji Mission member’s children & former families
3. Online Open Enrollment (Go to Wait list page and fill out form)
To register* for our Fall 2017-2018 school year fill out Wait list form online. You will be added to our wait list and we will contact you to pick up a registration packet. Please go to the Fall or Summer Session page for more program details and information.
1. Enrollment in one of our 4 classes with approx. 10 children in each group
2. Care from 7am-5pm M-F except for Holidays
3. Daily meals prepared by the cook in our cafeteria including morning breakfast snack, Lunch, afternoon snack. Milk, Juice and filtered water.
1. Children enrolling shall have reached their third birthday by August 1st (the first day of school).
2. Children enrolling shall be toilet trained and capable of caring for their personal needs including pulling pants up/down and wiping.
1. Registration Fee
2. Parent Orientation
3. Child Orientation
We were also one of the preschools on Maui chosen to participate in the Quality Improvement Rating System (QIRS) Pilot Program for Hawaii with means we are working with the state as they develop a rating system to measure the quality of the Hawaii preschools.
We currently are set up to accept subsidies from DHS (Preschool Open Doors/Childcare Connection Hawaii) please check with the scholarship provider for more details.
All of our teachers love children and have dedicated themselves to early childhood education. They all have an Associates degree or Bachelors degree and have been teaching for a minimum of 10+ years. Our support staff includes two aides and a director. Combined we have over 100 years of early childhood experience among us!
We look forward to meeting you and your child.